Thursday, October 15, 2009

4 Day OBS : 12 October - 15 October

Hey peeps! This is gonna be a long post to make up for my past 4 days of not being able to blog. Lets see, how do I start? Firstly, take all the rubbish that I said about OBS out of your mind because OBS was awesome times 10. I am serious. I enjoyed every moment of it. From the height activities, to trekking and even kayaking for 11 hours with 2 hours of mud crawling! Yes! Mud crawling. Literally. I will elaborate it firther down! xD. So before you read this long post, take whatever rubbish I said about OBS outta your mind =]. I guess you have to really go to OBS to really enjoy yourselve! If a bimbo can enjoy that moment. I am sure you will enjoy it more xD.

DAY 1

It started off sucky. I'm am serious. Wasnt even looking forward to it at all. Plus I was complaining to Mei Xuan and Yu Shan about how I was going to hate every minute of this 4 day camp. And how wrong was I. We started the camp by taking the OBS boat to Pulau Ubin. However, instead of bringing the 61 of us to the island, we were asked to jump off the boat halfway through Pulau Ubin and swim to the next island. Well, I was not shocked because I heard that was going to happen. So Mei Xuan, Yu Shan and I jumped into the water and swam to the island. 3 girls from dance. Swimming together. All equally bimbotic xD. HAHAHA! But we managed to reach! When we finally reached, we had to break up into groups and all 3 of us were seperated. At that very moment. I hated it. I hated how I was seperated from my friends and that we could only depend on each other during these 4 days. That was the mentality I had before I did the activities. However, that thought vanished almost fast as I thought about it when I met my group members. They are the nicest group members ever! I shall do the honours and introduce all 15 of them on my blog okay?
Michelle Chng, Sean, Zhi Yong, Clarence, Shu Ying, Jessica, Wan Shu, Louis, Farris, Nadzira, Yong Feng, Nicholas, Rapheal, Eugene and Christina.
The 15 awesome people whom I went through thick and thin with them for the past 4 days. And these 16 of us made up the group Watch "Gandhi" 2009. We introduce ourselves and started with the games. We had to do some height aliments and I was amazed by my group supporters. They will cheer you on no matter what. Even if you are about to give up, these people will tell you not to give up and to press on no matter what situation we face. It was definitely unforgettable. Well, even though the height elements were the only thing we did for that day, we got to know each other better through our dinner and supper! =D And to further bond our group, we were made to wash our dishes after every meal! LOL! By the time we slept, it was close to 12am. Unfortunately, none of us could sleep. Therefore waking up at 6am the following day was a total chore.

DAY 2

We were made to run around OBS for our morning exercise. And I nearly died. Because, I DONT RUN. But with the help of my group members. I finally made it! 2 Rounds! whoohoo! =]. I guess we were made to run so that we will be fit to trek later in the afternoon. [ I will skip the smaller details ]. Finally, afternoon arrived. The day we had to trek to camp site 2. Carrying our bags were horrible because it was super super heavy. Thank god for the guys, theye were kind enough to take some things from our bags and carry it for us. Plus they took very good care of the girls! Always asking us if we were okay and making sure we drank alot of water, picking up our big heavy bags for us. TYVM Guys! =]. We stopped at the NPCC camp area for awhile and played a game called "Poison Water". This game is about how we actually coordinate. We were made to squeeze on a few planks of wood and slowly, we have to move across to the other end. However, the penalty for stepping out of the wooden planks are that one of our group members have to get blind folded! Unfortunately many of us were blind folded but lucky for me, I wasnt. So I saw so many hilarious things. The guys were litearlly digging the ears of the guys who were blind folded and the girls were grabbing the guys incase we fell. Super hilarious. Though its difficult for me to re-enact the scene here I will do it much better when talking to you! After 2 hours, we finally reached camp site 2! Super tiring. Our backs were aching like mad. The girls ended up cooking while the guys started setting up tents. We ate with the help of a torch light shining on us. Super L-O-L. And talked a bit before washing our pots in the sea. heh heh! And talked a little more and slept in our super duper hot tents. Did not manage to sleep well though, because,
number 1: the floor was uncomfortable.
number 2: the next day was kayaking and we were worried

DAY 3

The day that we had to kayak. The estimated time was actually 6 hours for us to reach back to camp 1. That means if we leave at 8am we will reach there by 2pm. But NO! We took 11 hours to kayak instead. BECAUSE, while kayaking, we met with low tide. The tide was so low that we were literally kayaking on mud. No, the instructors did not plan for this to happen either. It was just pure coincidence. Being unable to kayak in mud, we were made to come out of our kayaks to pull our kayaks. However the bad thing is that every kayak have 3 people while for my kayak, we only had 2. Sean and I. Being the weaker party, I actually was reluctant to come out of the kayak. Because the mud was knee deep. Damn gross. But Sean was pushing me in the kayak while I just sat there. Feeling damn guilty, I ended up jumping into the mud too to push the kayak. HAHAHA! But after a while all of us got tired and we took at 1 hour lunch break hoping for a high tide. While we were in the mud, the instructors said this.
INSTRUCTORS: "Okay Guys, have your lunch here!"
Everyone: "WTF man! No way la! Muddy like anything!" [we did not say in unison]
Plus Seam and I were under the hot sun. So we had to get out of the kayak so as to prevent us from getting sun burnt. We ended up stumbling to the nearest edge so we could rest for awhile. Unfortunately. While on the way to the porch, we feet ended up under a tree branch. Yes, the branch was under the mud. THAT BAD. So how? Sean and another girl Sharon spent at least 30 minutes trying to get my shoe and my feel out. Thank you so much people! After getting my shoe out, Sharon's shoe got stucked in the mud. So Sean and I had to dig the mud to find her shoe. And finally when we found her shoe, Sean shoe got stuck. Damn joke. Serious. LOL! hahahaha! Damn funny la. And everyone was laughing at me because I was super clumsy in the mud as I fell left right and center. Plus my face was super super dirty. Because I was crawling on mud as I dare not walk on it. And many times, I fell into the mud and got dragged. So my face was very close to getting covered in mud. Horrible but aiyaaaa. Dirty already la! No biggy. HAHAHA! Bimbos have dirty moments too! Its just that our dirty is very dirty. xD Finally 1 hour passed but no tide has come so we resorted to pulling our kayak to the swamp area. Phew! Damn damn tiring. Seriously.Finally after 400 years we were out of the mud. And guess what? My pants spoil luh. My dance pants. GONE. lol! Oh well! After getting out of the mud, it was estimated that we reached camp site 1 in 3 hours time. But to our instructors' surprise, we managed to reach in 1 hour! I guess it was the determination from all the leaders that we managed to reach so quickly! By the time we reached, it was already 7pm. We were all freezing cold but we still had to wash the kayaks and paddles, empty our trekking bags and rush for dinner. And we manage to do everything in 1 hour with everyones' help! It was already the 3rd day of our camp. As much as I am dreading to leave my new friends, I also yearn to go home because I have 7 blue blacks on my leg and un countable bites from sand flies and mosquitos. Horrible. Because even till now, I am scratching like mad. urgh! But I must say the kayaking expedition was the best! Because so many things happened. And I managed to know alot of other people better and meet new people from other watches!

DAY 4

It was already the last day. The very last day where we can express our leadership skills. The very last day to bond. Its sad to see OBS come to an end but all things have to come to an end right? We performed what we learned today and it was super funny when we re-enact what we went through for the past 3 days. How we leaders learn to give up for the betterment of others, how we leaders learn how to accept other peoples' flaws, how we leaders learn how to be compassionate, learn how to lead and also to follow. We took a group photo and it will be on my blog soon okayokay? =D Its with Clarence now! BTW, we had to clean the bunks today and the guys helped us wash the girls' toilet. Damn sweet of them xD. HAHAHAHA! I guess they spoil us to much! heh heh heh! We left OBS camp site 1 at 338pm.

Well, that marks the end of our 4 day leadership course. I am glad Lulu made me go! Thank you LuLu! Because of OBS, I found new friends, new leaders, new encouragement. They were the people each of us depended on for the past 4 days.

GANDHI: "LETS PLAY!"

Love you peeps!!~

toodles!!~

No comments:

Post a Comment